The new Sugarplum collection is so whimsical and cheerful, it has me smiling today! Guess you could say I’ve got visions of Sugarplums dancing in my head. Time to play with these fun papers and adorable stickers and create some holiday borders!
The borders I’ve made will look great either added to the beautiful Sugarplum Fast2Fab pre-designed album pages or any other layout you have in mind. I’ve added a matching title or journal box to add to a double page spread, or they can be adapted to make a card.
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Sugarplum Paper Pack, Variety Mat Pack, Stickers and Embellishments
- Pastel Vellum Paper Pack
- Original Border Maker System with Star Cartridge
- Scallop Burst Border Punch
- Victorian Fence Border Punch
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable and Vellum Tape Runner Refills
- Foam Squares
Merry Christmas Trees Border and Title Box
- Using the swell edge of the decorative trimmer, cut a 3″ x 12″ border with gold patterned paper for the base.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of navy dot paper and add to the base as shown. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of lavendar paper and adhere on top of the navy piece. Then cut the strip of trees from the border piece of paper and place on top.
- Using the star cartridge, punch a few stars from aqua, lavendar and navy mats. Mount with foam squares to the swell edge of the border to make a garland as shown. Add lavendar and aqua circle stickers to each end as shown.
- To make the journal box: Start with the presents mat shown. Add several present die cuts, the pink one with foam squares. Add the “Cheer!” and elf sticker with foam squares.
Holiday Cheer Elves Border and Journal Box
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of pale pink paper for the base.\
- Punch a scallop burst border with navy dot paper and trim to 2-3/4″ x 12″. Mount to base.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of aqua paper and adhere near the lower edge of the navy dot paper. Cut the “Holiday Cheer” strip from the border paper and add on top of the aqua paper. Finally, add the presents sticker above the “Holiday Cheer” strip with foam squares. Place the elf sticker with foam squares as shown.
- To make the title box: Start with the purple/tag mat shown. Add “Merry Christmas” sticker to the tag. Place the Christmas Tree sticker and penguin die cut with foam squares, adding a leftover punched aqua star to the penguin’s flipper.
Happy Holidays Moose Border and Title Box
- Cut a 3″ x 12 strip of chevron paper for the base. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 11 3/8″ strip of aqua paper and adhere to the base. Cut a 2″ x 11″ strip of green vellum paper and add on top using vellum tape runner.
- Cut pieces of the Christmas lights sticker and angle them down the border as shown, finishing on top of the pink tree. Mount the pink and purple trees and moose die cuts (with foam squares) as shown.
- To make the title box: Start with the chevron mat shown. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 1-1/2″ piece of aqua paper and a 4-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ piece of green vellum. Trim one end of each to mimic the ribbon on the mat. Add to the border as shown. Top with the green tree die cut and “Happy Holidays” stickers with foam squares.
Happy Holidays Poinsettia Border and Journal Box
- Cut a 3-1/2″ x 12″ strip of navy dot paper for the base.
- Punch a Victorian fence border with pale pink paper. Trim to 3-1/4″ x 12″ and add to the base.
- Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of poinsettia paper and add to the lower edge of the Victorian piece.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of pink dot paper. Trim out the “Happy Holidays” strip from the border paper and mount on top. Add to the border as shown.
- To make the journal box: Start with the navy dot mat shown. Add “Merry”, “Bright”, & “Joyful” stickers to the left edge. Apply 2 gems below. Add poinsettia die cut with foam squares to lower right corner.