Here’s a cure for the winter blues: make happy, colourful springtime borders with the new Full Bloom Collection! I changed it up a bit this time and created some corner borders. So simple, yet fun. Borders are a great way to add a little pizzazz to Fast2Fab™ Predesigned Refill Pages. Make a few and try them out on different layouts in the new Full Bloom Fast2Fab Album!
To create these scrapbook borders you’ll need:
- Full Bloom Paper Pack
- Full Bloom Stickers
- Full Bloom Embellishments
- White and Navy Cardstock
- Victorian Fence Border Punch
- Daisy Bouquet Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Lace Scallop, Dancing Daisies, Circle Weave and Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridges
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
Hand-Picked Scrapbooking Border
- Cut a 3-1/4″ x 12″ strip of Navy Cardstock for the base. Cut a 3″ x 11-3/4″ strip of blue branch paper and adhere on top of the base.
- Use the Victorian Fence Border Punch and punch fence borders with White Cardstock, spotted blue and orchid papers. Trim to 2-3/4″ x 3″, being careful to cut full “sections” of fence, as shown. Add to the border, starting with white at the bottom, then blue and finally orchid, tucking one behind the other as shown.
- Punch white daisies and add to the border along with small flower embellishments, adhering a few with Foam Squares for dimension. Add “Hand-Picked” sticker with Foam Squares. Adhere 3″ lengths of the orchid border sticker to the top and bottom.
Hip Hip Hoo Ray! Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of Navy Cardstock for the base. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of blue branch paper and adhere on top of the base.
- Cut a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of yellow-green paper and a 1″ x 12″ strip of White Cardstock to mount on top. Add the floral border sticker on top. Adhere this piece to the border.
- Using the Lace Scallop Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with coral paper. Adhere to the border, tucking just the ends behind yellow-green strip as shown.
- Using the inside of the largest circle pattern and the green blade with the Custom Cutting System, cut a circle with yellow-green paper. Using the blue blade, cut a circle with White Cardstock and apply on top of the yellow-green circle. Add the “Hip Hip Hoo Ray!” sticker to the left half of the white circle. Tuck the right half of the circle behind the lace scallop chain as shown.
Here Comes the Sun Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of orchid paper for the base. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of teal branches paper.
- Using the Circle Weave Border Maker Cartridge, punch three borders with yellow-green paper. Tuck two of them on either side of the teal branches strip so that just the scallops are showing and adhere to the base.
- Using the Dancing Daisies Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with teal paper and one with orchid paper. Mount the teal borders side by side along the length of the border. Top with the third circle weave border and finally the orchid dancing daisies border. Align as shown.
- Adhere an orchid daisy embellishment and the “Here Comes the Sun” sticker on top with Foam Squares.
Floral Corner Scrapbook Borders
- Cut a 6″ square with spotted blue paper. Cut in half diagonally. With each triangular piece, center the longest side in the Border Maker System and punch, using the Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge.
- Cut the blue flower border sticker in half and add to each corner border. Top with large flowers and smaller ones mounted with Foam Squares, as shown.
I confess that after I made these borders I got out my garden catalogs and started dreaming of spring!