As the wind whips outside my window and a late-season blizzard descends on Minnesota, I’m staying nice and cozy inside with the new Little Lamb baby scrapbook collection spread out before me. What fun to have the sweetest farm and floral images and soft and cuddly colours and patterns of our new baby scrapbook products to play with! Snow schmoe!
I discovered a few things about this collection: First, the colours and patterns are so unbelievably soft and delicate that it’s hard to pick up on just by looking at photos. Second, the boy and girl papers, mats and stickers coordinate perfectly with each other. So, I’d really recommend that you get your hands on ALL of it, whether you’re making a baby girl or baby boy album. Trust me. This brings me to my third and final discovery: The Little Lamb collection is not just for baby pages! There are so many ways you can use this collection… think springtime, garden, Easter, farm, zoo, wedding.
So, let’s take a look at a few borders! I had lots of fun incorporating the new Double Heart Punch and 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch. Endless possibilities!
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Little Lamb Baby Boy and Girl Paper Packs, Variety Mat Packs, Embellishments and Stickers
- Gray and White Cardstock
- Double Heart Punch
- 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch
- Daisy Bouquet Punch
- Victorian Fence Border Punch
- Teardrop Lattice Border Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Crown, Sprout, Button Chain and Star Border Maker Cartridges
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen
- Foam Squares
Wreath and Hearts Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of wood grain paper for the base.
- Using the Crown Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with yellow paper. Trim to 1-1/4″ wide, then crop off the rounded tops (about 3/8″). Punch another border with green paper, trim to 2″ wide and crop off the rounded tops. Adhere as shown to the base with cropped tops aligning and forming little circle holes.
- Punch 14 small hearts using the 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch and a coral mat. Add a dot of adhesive to each and place in the middle of each of the “holes.”
- Using the medium Circle Pattern and the Green Blade, cut a circle with wood grain paper. Adhere the wreath sticker over this piece and place in the center of the border. Punch a double heart with coral mat paper and place it in the center of the wreath using Foam Squares. Add a yellow bow sticker with Foam Squares and Epoxy Stickers to the centers of some flowers.
Sweet Pea Border
- Using the Victorian Fence Border Punch, punch a border with wood grain paper. Trim to 3″ wide. Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of pink paper; add a patterned border sticker and apply to the lower third of the base as shown.
- Using the Sprout Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Gray Cardstock and then green paper. Add them above the pink strip, overlapping the green over the gray as shown.
- Punch a set of daisies with pink, coral and yellow mat paper. Arrange as you like along the border, clustering a few toward the left edge of the border. Add flower and “Sweet Pea” stickers (with Foam Squares) and leaf cluster sticker. Finish with a few Epoxy Stickers to dot some of the flower centers.
Hearts and Butterflies Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of yellow paper for the base.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of floral paper. Using the Double Heart Punch, punch five times at regular intervals (first punch the middle, then the ends and finally eyeball the two punches in between).
- Punch two teardrop lattice borders with White Cardstock. Trim one of the borders to 1/2″ wide and then adhere just behind the top of the floral strip so that just the scallops show. Adhere the other (whole) lattice border behind the lower edge of the floral strip so just the scallops show on the bottom, as shown. Mount this piece to the base.
- Punch 5 double hearts from green mat paper. Place the cutout hearts inside the heart “holes” in the floral border.
- Top with a couple of butterflies, using Foam Squares for the smaller one.
It’s a Girl! Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of pink paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of tiny floral paper and mount on top of the base.
- Adhere three banner stickers along the left side of the border as shown; add a scalloped border sticker down the middle, just overlapping the banners.
- Using the Button Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with green paper. Adhere just overlapping the scalloped sticker as shown.
- Add the “It’s a Girl” sticker with Foam Squares and a few small heart stickers.
Nap Snuggles Border
- Cut a 2-1/8″ x 12″ strip of striped paper for the base. Cut a 1-5/8″ x 11-3/8″ strip of polka dot paper and add to the base.
- Cut a 1-3/8″ x 11-1/4″ strip of yellow paper. Using the 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch, star-punch each corner.
- Using the Star Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with green paper, omitting the punches on the ends. Trim the border to 1-1/8″ wide and then cut 1/2″ off of each end. Slip it into the star “notches” of the yellow strip. Mount to the border.
- Using the inside of the medium Circle Pattern and the Green Blade, cut a circle with yellow paper. Add the cow jumping over the moon die cut, “nap” and “snuggles” stickers and a few little stars. Apply this piece to the center of the border.
Lil’ Sprout Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of gray gingham paper for the base.
- Cut a 2″ x 11-1/2″ strip of farm printed paper. Make a 1-1/2″ straight cut through this strip about 4″ from the top. Fold back each of the cut edges and tape them open, as shown. Add epoxy “buttons” to the corners. Add to the base.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 11-1/2″ strip of yellow paper. Apply a gray wavy sticker along it and add to the right side of the farm strip.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ square of green paper and mount on a 1-3/4″ square of yellow paper. Fill with flower and leaf stickers and mount to the border as shown, filling the triangular space left by the folded corners. Mount the “Lil’ Sprout” sticker and windmill die cut with Foam Squares as shown.
I absolutely love how these borders look on the Little Lamb Fast2Fab™ pages! Take a look… what do you think?
Comment below and let us know what you think of these adorable Little Lamb scrapbook borders!