Who’s ready to hit the beach?! After playing with the colour-drenched, laidback Sun-Kissed collection, I sure am! There are just so many ways to coordinate these summery colours and patterns with my photos of lazy summer days at the lake, picnics and all kinds of family gatherings. And, yes, this Minnesota girl is already daydreaming about taking a tropical vacay just so I can use the Sun-Kissed collection with pictures of real palm trees and endless sandy ocean beaches! That said, are you ready to check out these borders using Sun-Kissed? Let’s go!
I created a few borders combining the new Tropical Leaf Punch and the Rolling Waves Border Maker Cartridge with some of my other faves, and embracing the collection’s South Beach art deco vibe.
As always, I love to add borders to the Fast2Fab™ pages, so read on to see how they look in the Sun-Kissed Fast2Fab™!
To create these borders you’ll need:
- Sun-Kissed Paper Pack, Variety Mat Pack, Stickers and Embellishments
- Peacock Blue, Leaf Green and Cloud Cardstock
- Tropical Leaf and Starburst Punches
- Teardrop Lattice, Scallop Burst and Doily Border Punches
- 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch
- 2-Way Corner Rounder
- Original Border Maker System with Rolling Waves, Bubbles, Scallop Dot and Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen
Rolling Waves Border
- Punch a scallop burst border with coral floral paper. Trim to 2-3/4″ x 12″. Punch a scallop burst border with pineapple paper. Trim to 2-5/8″ x 12″ and mount on top of the coral border so the bottom edges align. Note: Save punched out scraps!
- Using the Rolling Waves Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with water paper. Trim to 2″ x 12″ and add to the border, 1/8″ from the bottom edge.
- Rescue the scraps from the scallop burst borders and adhere them underneath the rolling waves as shown, with the coral border first and the sand border just underneath.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 12″ strip of sand paper and apply it underneath the sand border. Top with the floral border sticker.
Mermaid Beach Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of pink squares paper for the base. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of swimsuit paper and add it to the base, 1/4″ up from the bottom edge.
- Using the Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with water paper. Trim to 1-1/4″ x 12″. Add a 1″ x 12″ strip of light blue paper behind the bubbles and mount to the border, 1/4″ down from the top edge. Add the gold scalloped stickers on top and bottom of the bubbles piece as shown.
- Embellish with the mermaid and seaweed stickers and “Beach” sticker with Foam Squares.
Good Vibes Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of leaf patterned paper for the base. Cut a 2-3/8″ x 12″ strip of bright green paper and then a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of palm tree paper and layer on top of the base.
- Punch a doily border with coral floral paper. Trim out 3-flower sections and adhere at an angle to the lower third of the border as shown, alternating coral, pink, coral.
- Top with floral embellishment and “Good Vibes” sticker with Foam Squares.
Flamingo Escape Border
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of coral floral paper. Top with a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of pink squares paper. Tip: Cut this strip so you have two full squares across.
- Using the Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with bright yellow paper. Trim each to 1″ x 12″. Adhere behind the base so that the cut sides are facing out and so that they stick out about 1/2″ from the base.
- Punch eight starbursts with Cloud Cardstock. Trim the corners off of four sides of each shape to form a square. Apply Precision Point Adhesive to each and mount on the border, centering each on the squares.
- Add tropical leaves and flamingo embellishments and the “Escape” sticker with Foam Squares.
Tropical Leaf Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of water paper for the base.
- Using the Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with bright yellow paper. Trim to 2-7/8″ x 12″ and punch the other side. Add to the base. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of light blue patterned paper and mount on top of the scalloped piece.
- Cut three 2″ squares of Peacock Blue Cardstock and two 2″ squares of Leaf Green Cardstock. With each square, punch the corners using the star corner side of the 4-Way Corner and Hole Punch. Then, snip the stars off of each corner using the concave edge of the 2-way corner rounder. Mount the five squares down the middle of the border, alternating colours.
- Punch three leaf green and 2 peacock blue tropical leaves. Adhere on top of the squares as shown.
Now, check out these borders used on Fast2Fab™ pages!
So, where will YOU be making memories this summer? Make it a sandy, Sun-Kissed one!