Once again, Creative Memories has created a collection mixing and matching beautiful Crayon-box colours. This time we have brilliant shades of Orange, Blue, Yellow, Green and Pink. These papers and embellishments are endlessly versatile and will make your page layouts and projects come to life when you just need that certain pop of colour. Try these borders out, check out the variations that follow and then see what you come up with!
To create these borders you’ll need:
- Mix & Match Orange, Blue, Yellow, Green and Pink Paper Packs and Embellishments
- White Cardstock
- Dewdrop Flower Punch
- Embossed Trio Flower Punch
- Teardrop Lattice Border Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Dancing Daisies Border Maker Cartridge
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen
- Foam Squares
Blue Border 1: Swell Ribbons
- Make a mark at 2-1/4″ on the blue brush-marked paper; align (centered) on the swell edge of the decorative trimmer and cut. This is your base.
- Punch a teardrop lattice border with White Cardstock and adhere to the straight edge of the base as shown.
- Align (centered) the blue floral paper at the 1/2″ mark on the swell edge of the Decorative Trimmer and cut a strip. Repeat so you have two floral strips the same size.
- Align (at the top) the small floral-on-white paper at the 1/2″ mark on the swell edge of the Decorative Trimmer and cut a strip.
- Mount the strips to the swell edge of the base as shown, overlapping, with the floral strips “sandwiching” the small floral-on-white strip.
- Add floral embellishments with Foam Squares.
Blue Border 2: Daisy Divide
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of blue floral paper for the base.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of polka dot paper and add to the base. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of striped paper and adhere on one side of the polka dot strip as shown.
- Using the Dancing Daisies Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with blue floral paper. Adhere it down the middle of the border, dividing the polka dots and the stripes.
- Top with floral embellishments using Foam Squares.
Blue Border 3: Dewdrops
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of gingham paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of small floral-on-white paper and add to the base.
- Punch five times at regular intervals using the Dewdrop Punch and plaid paper. Trim to 2″ x 12″ and adhere on top of the floral strip.
- Punch five dewdrop flowers with solid blue paper. Mount between cutouts to the border using Foam Squares. Add floral epoxy stickers to the middles as shown.
Mix & Match Variation: Colour Swap
You can easily create any of these borders in a different colour just by swapping out paper packs. Shown above from left to right: Blue Border 1, Orange and Green.
Mix & Match Variation: Mix & Match Twist
Just like it says, any of these borders take on a fun twist when you mix & match papers from the different Mix & Match Paper Packs. Shown above from left to right: Blue Border 2, Orange/Pink and Green/Yellow.
Mix & Match Variation: The Sky’s the Limit!
When you combine the Mix & Match papers with any of our other fabulous product collections, the sky is truly the limit! Here, the Blue Border 3 design on the left is followed by one combining Mix & Match Yellow and the Sun-Kissed collection, and then Mix & Match Pink and the Little Lamb Baby Girl collection.
With the Mix & Match collection, the sky’s the limit… let’s see where YOUR your imagination takes YOU! Comment below and tell us which one is your favourite!