Who doesn’t love a good day at the beach?! From playing in the sand to splashing around in the waves and water, the Sun-Kissed Paper Pack provides the perfect backdrop for any kind of beach, whether it be at a lake, ocean or river! Read on to check out a creative idea from one of our Independent Advisors!
What You’ll Need to Create This Layout:
- Sun-Kissed Paper Pack
- Sun-Kissed Stickers
- Sun-Kissed Embellishments
- Tropical Leaf Punch
- Starburst Punch
- Cardstock: Peacock Blue, Leaf Green, Evergreen, Red, Beige and White
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Adhesive
- Foam Squares
- Black Dual-Tip Pen
Step 1: Use the blue water patterned paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut mats for the photos using the Peacock Blue Cardstock: 4-3/8″ x 6-1/4″, 4-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ and 5-3/8″ x 4-3/8″. The square photo is double matted with Red Cardstock so cut an additional mat using the Red Cardstock to measure 4-5/8″ x 4-5/8″. Attach the photos to the mats.
Step 3: Tear two pieces of the Beige Cardstock lengthwise to make sand. The first will cover the entire bottom of the blue water patterned paper (approximately 3 inches high) and the second will be smaller, approximately 1″ x 7″. Attach the larger piece of sand to the bottom of the designer paper.
Step 4: To make the bucket of sand:
- Using the Red Cardstock, cut a 3-1/2″ square. On one side of the square use a pencil to mark along the bottom at ½” from each side. Cut the sides of the square to taper the base. The top of the bucket will be 3-1/2″ inches wide and the bottom of the bucket will be 2-1/2″wide.
- Using the Red Cardstock, cut a strip measuring 4″ x 1/2″. Attach this strip to the base of the bucket centering the strip over the base.
- Using the Starburst Punch, punch two starbursts shapes. Cut the starburst into “links” (1 section or 3 sections).
- Arrange the “links” to create a rope. Using Repositionable Adhesive, attach the rope to the bucket.
- Tear another small piece of the Beige Cardstock to make the sand inside the bucket and adhere to the backside of the bucket.
- Make a shovel handle using White Cardstock and attach to the sand inside the bucket.
- Attach the bucket to the designer paper on the sand.
Step 5: Attach the photos and mats to the designer paper.
Step 6: Using the Tropical Leaf Punch, punch three leaves with the Leaf Green and Evergreen Cardstock. Edge the leaves with the Black Dual-Tip Pen for added dimension.
Step 7: Add stickers, embellishments and journaling as desired. Use Foam Squares for added dimension.
But wait… there’s more! Here are a few other fantastic ideas Bev came up with for you featuring the Sun-Kissed collection!
Helpful Tip from Bev: I keep all my individual collections in the Power® Palette Folders. The folders keep the paper, mats, stickers and embellishments together and damage free. Everything is together when I need it. I also have a folder for all my scraps. These are more general (Green, Blue, Red, etc.). Scraps can easily be used for the smaller pieces used in this layout (tropical leaves, starbursts and shovel handle).
Sea you at the beach! Comment below and let us know what photos you are using with the Sun-Kissed collection this summer and which layouts you’ll make! 😎